Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone
Blast from the past
The WA-47 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern (9), large condenser microphone, based on the classic ’47 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The classic ’47 became extremely popular as a vocal microphone in the 1960’s and is now considered one of the greatest microphones ever made. The classic ’47 mic is still widely used today in professional recording studios but has become extremely rare and expensive to acquire. We at Warm Audio are very excited to bring this all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, ’47 style, large condenser microphone to the market at such an affordable price. We feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47.
True ’47 style capsule
The WA-47 utilizes a custom reproduction of the vintage k47 style capsule that was used in the classic ‘47 microphone – designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response. Every Warm Audio capsule is made in the same small assembly house in a clean-room environment, and packaged in its own protective jewel case until the moment it is loaded into the microphone. Each capsule is visually inspected and electrically tested for imperfections.
A large part of any microphone’s tone comes from its capsule, and the true k47 style capsule used in the WA-47 is not easily manufactured or typically found in affordable condenser microphones. We are proud to be using such a faithful recreation of this classic part in an affordably priced ’47 style microphone.
- Custom true ’47 style capsule reproduction (k47) – Model# WA-47-B-80v
- TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
- JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
- Gotham 3 meter GAC-7, 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Wima, Solen French, and Polystyrene capacitors
- Polar Patterns: 9 patterns – Cardioid, Omni, figure-of-eight + 6 mixed patterns
- Self-noise: 11dBA
- Dynamic range: 130dBA
- Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥2kOhms
- Includes: Microphone, Wood box, PSU, Shockmount, Gotham 7 pin GAC-7 cable, IEC power cable
Available on December 1st 2017. MSRP: $899
All information taken from the official Warm Audio press release.
For more updates on Warm Audio products, join our newsletter: