Cumberland, RI (January 10, 2017) — Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced the newest addition to the iconic MPC line, the MPC X. In creating the X, Akai Professional has taken the lessons from every MPC that preceded it to engineer a production centerpiece truly fit to be the flagship Music Production Center of the future.
The new MPC X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full-color 10.1” multi-touch screen and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads – all fueled by a multicore processor surgically tuned to power MPC Software 2.0TM. Rounding out the controls are dedicated menu buttons, a large master encoder knob and 16 touch-sensitive 360o assignable pots (Q-Links) with adaptive OLED displays, perfect for viewing and precisely automating individual parameters to deliver expressively nuanced recordings. With MPC X the tactile ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets combines with full-featured production functionality for an unleashed creative experience – launch clips with real-time time-stretching; grab, pinch & edit waveforms; program the step sequencer; record, sequence & edit audio/MIDI; apply XY FX and much more directly from MPC X’s 10.1” multi- touch capacitive color screen and dedicated hardware controls.
MPC X’s plethora of connectivity options ensures rapid assimilation into any studio environment. A 2-in/4-out MIDI interface connects seamlessly to controllers and MIDI compatible sound modules, drum machines and synthesizers, providing core sequencing and control capability. Thanks to a arsenal of inputs and outputs (XLR, 1⁄4-inch jack, 1/8-inch jack & RCA), plus studio-grade audio capture, direct / hardware monitoring options and switchable phantom-power, MPC X forms the beating heard of any production setup. Additional connectivity options include 8 CV/Gate outputs and a custom CV Program, configurable via MPC X’s radiant high-definition screen – the ultimate solution for control of modular gear and CV compatible synthesizers via MPC X’s premium hardware controls and unprecedented sequencing functionality.
Powering the mighty X is MPC Software 2.0TM, Akai Professional’s reimagined update of the critically acclaimed MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC X in standalone mode, MPC Software 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC as a plugin in all popular DAWs, or as a full-featured standalone application.
MPC X Features:
• Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 Software, compatible with Mac & PC
• 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Links controls with OLED displays
• 66 buttons for direct, hardware access to all aspects of MPC Software 2.0
• Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC Software 2.0
• 10.1” full-colour multi-touch display
• 4 selectable inputs: 2 XLR / 1⁄4” combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 instrument level; 1⁄4” jacks, turntable RCA input with ground peg
• 8 outputs: balanced 1⁄4” jack
• Dual 1⁄4” and 1/8” headphone outputs
• 4 full-size MIDI outputs, 2 full-size MIDI inputs
• 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs enabling the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound
designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more
• User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
“In creating the concept for the MPC X we wanted to preserve the classic MPC feel and workflow that people love,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “But we turned the idea on its head and incorporated the best of what a modern touch-screen interface can offer. What we have now is the most powerful MPC production experience ever.”
All information taken from the official Akai Professional press release.